Tuesday 10 April 2012

Stag has a new Ticket!

After much gnawing of fingernails today I finally received the call from my local garage that the Stag has passed its MOT with a few minor advisories:

- cracked exhaust mounting on nearside below gearbox
- sheared bolt on autobox oil cooler
- suspected wear in offside rear wheel bearing as tyre shows wear on inside edge.

Can't dispute the first two, but I suspect the last one as that tyre was swapped from the front offside about a month ago and it was showing wear on the inside then! Still I will have a good look at it before the RBRR just in case he was right!

As it was a nice day today, I gave the Spitfire a good run and leaned off the mixture on the front carb as it was running rich, this has certainly improved the idle but I still have a problem with the jet going slightly into 'choke mode' on its own. I will have to look at the linkage a bit more closely as these were new a couple of years go when I replaced the old waxstats for conventional jets.


No comments: