Thursday 8 November 2007

Stag woes


This is what the Stag currently looks like, the list of parts currently goes like this:

Bonnet - got one from eBay today
Nearside indicator/sidelight - ditto

2 new wings, top panel, lower valence, L/H repair panel, headlights and bowls. - all on order from SOC parts to be supplied direct to Faversham Classics - on my credit card!

I also need radiator grilles and chrome trim - the place I sourced the bonnet from are looking through their parts box for these as I type! The radiator, new in Feb this year, needs to be sent away to be repaired or recored as the fanblades impacted on it, thankfully the engine is OK.

The bumper will be reused, it only has a slight 'ding' which you can just see behind the 'R' of the Triumph in the photo above.

In discussion with Trevor at Faversham Classics this morning, he is hoping to pull out the headlight assembly to avoid the need for purchasing a new one (big expense) - I have to say he and Kevin are very helpful and are mindful of the limited funds I have available to put her back on the road. One of the bigger decisions to take is whether to have only the repaired areas painted, or go for a complete respray, and if I do go for the respray, do I change the colour? I was going to have the timing chains changed at the next service in Feb 08 so this may have a bearing on my paint decision, and I also know the nearside rear hub bearing needs changing before the MOT!

Tommorrow is a visit to the NEC Classic Car Show - so I will probably looking for a few bits there as well!

No comments: