Thursday 8 November 2007

First Post



This is actually my second blog, my first one was called 76Spit, but i haven't updated it for some time - 2 years- and I can't remember the passwords, so have decided to start afresh. particularly as I want to record the repairs to my Stag somewhere other than the usual forums.

Anyway - a bit of history first, I have two Trumps, a 1976 Spitfire 1500 in Inca Yellow and a 1978 Stag Auto in Russett Brown. I entered Club Triumphs 10 Countries Run this year in the Spitfire with my brother - we had the ignominy of the first to breakdown on foreign soil requiring the repatriation of the car using the AA. The cause of this was a disintegrated rear wheel bearing, easily remedied by replacing the rear driveshaft and hub once it was home.

Th Stag is a different story, being in good condition and wanting to seperate the annual tax renewal anniversary from the Spitfires, this year I decided to Sorn it for a few months from the end of October. As we had a couple of particularly nice days in the last week of the month, I decided to give her a last outing. To cut a long story short I was following a Tesco Direct delivery van that stopped quicker than I did resulting in contact (my fault - can't deny that!)

The car is now with Faversham Classics, the insurance has paid out 75% of the value and I am beginning to spend on the credit card! - more later!





No comments: