Friday 17 February 2012

Mild Panic!!

Went into the garage this morning to be confronted by a very wet floor! Initial investigation showed that the Stag had dumped the contents of the new header tank into the 'V' and spilt out onto the floor. I at first suspected the water pump seal not being used to a decent head of water and started to dismantle the airbox to have a better look, fortunately I noticed the top hose was wet where it joins the thermostat housing and looking more closely at appeared that the leak was in fact from that so I released the jubilee clip and re-positioned it this time tightening it up with a socket rather than screwdriver. I also managed to get a few extra turns on all the remaining 'new' jubilee clips.

Having given the car another good run today I am now waiting for it to cool down to make sure this was in fact the root cause of the problem.

Watch this space -- as they say!


No comments: