Monday 21 January 2008

Getting There!




Went up to Faversham today - all the important bits have now been welded on - probably be painted this week and may even be ready next week!

I have also asked for the timing chains to be renewed as these are an unknown quantity and as I've entered Club Triumphs Historic Counties Run with the Stag I would prefer to be safe in the knowledge that at least that part of the car won't fail!

Also being MOT'd and a new nearside driveshaft and hub bearing fitted - this was an advisory on the last MOT

She's beginning to look like a car again!

On a different note I have been battling with the dreaded exhaust manifold to downpipe joint on my Spitfire 1500 over the last few days as its been leaking since the 10CR. One of the joint studs was stripped, so this has been drilled out and replaced by a bolt. At the same time, two of the lower manifold studs came out with their nuts seized on them, I managed to free one of them, but when trying to do the second, it snapped the stud!

Again - Faversham Classics to the rescue! - Trevor gave me a suitable UNF bolt that I have removed the head from and used to refit the manifold this evening. Thanks all to those friends on the CT and TSSC forums on advice on getting more easily to the lower bolts I am now the proud owner of some shiny 3/8 wobble bars and sockets that have made life much less stressful.

Tomorrow the carbs go back on - fingers crossed the leak is solved.

No comments: