Wednesday 23 January 2008

Carbs back on

Just finished reassembling the carbs on the Spitfire and linking everything together, although I do seem to have one throttle return spring left! Must check the manual/parts diagrams.

Started her up - sounds very throaty as I also refitted the Sports exhaust I had changed last year before the 10CR - the standard system was quieter! She is running a bit rough at the moment and refuses to idle off the choke, so I need to spend some time checking and balancing the carbs - I have printed out James Carruthers excellent guide on his website (see link) to follow, hopefully later today if work allows.

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/?page=sutune.htm

Lots of smoke off the manifold when I first started her up - I guess this was a combination of WD40, 3 in 1 penetrating spray and firegum jointing paste burning off!

No comments: