Monday 10 December 2007

TSSC Christmas Open day

Had a very good run up to Lubenham yesterday for the annual Christmas open day at the TSSC HQ - this was a trip I'd been promising myself for a long time as I wanted to see the museum there, so it coincided with their Christmas celebrations.

I took the Spitfire on this 300 mile round trip, about time it had a good run and I have to say it ran very well, just a small issue with tickover when stationery that I'll sort out when I finally get it back in my garage after Christmas. Given the weather yesterday - I was surprised that I only had a few drips from the header rail that were soon stemmed with a suitably placed cloth behind the sun visor - Rain-X worked very well also!

Gave it a treat on the way up - Shell Optimax - maybe it was my imagination, but it certainly ran well.

The 3 hours I spent here was very enjoyable, bit like a large monthly meet really, with some very nice cars - good to see some fellow 10CRer's, Messrs Rochfort and Wake. One particularly interesting 'Triumph' there was Vins Diesel!(Green Metro with large Triumph Logo!)

Managed to pickup a bargain - Aldon Ignitor for the Spitfire - £10 from Bernie's bazaar

There was a very nice Macao replica in the museum, put together by Bernie Robinson - particularly liked the Tiger tail!

No comments: